8/1/10

Spinel ring, bague avec spinelle

I finished a new ring this weekend. I used a lovely blue spinel gemstone that I acquired in June at the HK Jewellery Fair. There was a booth from Sri Lanka that sold only small faceted cut gemstone of all kind and of all colours. A candy for the eyes. Couldn't resist I got a few. This ring uses 2 silver studs, carved from a silver bar that was cast in an ingot mold. I also used my newly bought pen plating device to Rhodium plate the inside of the bezel. I noticed that bezels oxidize and if they are set with a transparent stone the stone looks darker. Rhodium plating avoid that kind of trouble.

J’ai utilisé pour cette bague un spinelle que j’avais acheté en juin au salon de la bijouterie de Hong Kong. Parmi les stands, j’ai découvert un exposant venant de Sri Lanka qui vendait que des petites pierres taillées. Un vrai régal pour les yeux. Je leur ai acheté quelques pierres. Pour cette bague, j’ai soudé deux petits clous que j’avais sculptés dans une barre d’argent. J’ai plaqué au rhodium le fond du chaton pour éviter son oxydation.   

No comments:

Post a Comment