7/18/13

Yokes and lift mechanism, fourches et mécanisme de réglage

This is my design for the adjustment mechanism of the English wheel. I was lucky to find 2 square tubes that slide one into the other for the lift mechanism (tubes 60x60 and 50x50mm). The play is adjusted via 10 hex-bolts. At the street vendors in Canton Road I have found an old cast-iron water-valve wheel. It drives the 20mm adjusting screw. C'est ma façon de faire le mécanisme de réglage d'une roue anglaise. J'ai eu de la chance de trouver 2 tubes carrés qui coulissent pile-poil(60x60 et 50x50mm).Le jeu est réglé par 10 boulons hexagonaux. A la brocante de Canton Road, j'ai déniché un vieux volan de vanne en fonte qui me sert à tourner la vis de réglage. (Vis M20)
I bought the upper wheel on Ebay. It is a Harbour freight wheel, a bit heavy, so I think I will have to turn it slimmer to reduce its inertia. J'ai acheté le galet supérieur sur Ebay. Il provient sûrement de chez Harbour Freight. Il est un peu lourd. Faudra que je lui fasse subir un régime amaigrissant sur le tour pour réduire son inertie.  








No comments:

Post a Comment